Do Click Whenever There's Ads :)

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chinese New Year in Australia

I thought there is no celebration on CNY until I recently saw this in Chinatown, near Darling Harbour, Sydney. 

chinese new year australia

cny australia

chinese new year australiaManaged to make a greeting photo with this :) By the way, it appeared that the lion dance crew were mainly caucasians! :)

It's so tired as we wandered through the larger Chinatown area there, as well as walking pass through the Harbourside. I shot around 150 photos altogether in RAW format. Sadly, my Photoshop suddenly "dislikes" the format. Strange. 


Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year. 


P.S -I don't really care about Valentine's Day, as I'm still single. I just pray that I can find a beautiful soulmate whom I wish to share my life with. 

10 comments:

Ujer said...

nice ooh,
CNY in australia?
that's a rare sight..

Ken Wooi said...

Kung Hei Fat Choy! that's how they say it eh.. haha.. happy CNY! =)

kenwooi.com

Nic Da Nic said...

that's such a rare event.
i thought they never know it in australia

excalade89 said...

ujer & nic: I also din anticipate such events :) maybe they do it to attract the asians (locals and foreigns alike).

ken: yepp, the Cantonese one. Happy CNY to you too xD

Tekkaus said...

It is such a pleasant sight to see lion dance over there. Happy Chinese Year. :)

jfook said...

Happy CNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

excalade89 said...

tekkaus, jfook, nigel: terima kasih :)

Azureen Azlan said...

nice pictures! wish u a happy chinese new year :)

Shuwen said...

isn't it like super hot in aus now? haha, all my cousins from aus are like escaping to malaysia due to the heat. XD Happy cny ! love your pics !

excalade89 said...

ween: thanks

Shuwen: haha, Australia sometimes is hot.