Do Click Whenever There's Ads :)

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Music and Its Direction

While awaiting for Bong to return, haha....I am suppose to prepare my mind for the final CCS report. May be doing on blogging or social networking, but sine I got my direction, I resorted to blogging!


Anyway, let's talk about the direction of music.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
*Nothing wrong to repost this picture, since it's my own masterpiece xD 

Now, people who are music followers, regardless mainstream MTV and Channel V, or underground lovers, I want you to reflect on how music evolves from the past to the present.


When I was playing Fallout 3, I listened to a bunch of historic oldies that were famous in the 1950s. My most favourite two songs were "Civilization" and "Easy Living". Well, they were catchy in their years, but still...


Do you feel the difference of the music themes?


Regardless genres, music really have changed.


Let's listen to this song.


Billie Holiday's Easy Living


Beach Boys - I Get Around (1960s)


ABBA - Dancing Queen

And then starting the 1980s, you felt something is different. All the rock songs, gangsta hip hop, heavy metal coming in, especially this controversial song:



Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
(Some critics said that this song has a satanic meaning when it's played backwards.) 


Staircase to Heaven is one of my favourite evergreen song. But I show this example due to the topic of my post.


And today, you'll mainly hear about sex, drugs, alcohols, murder, hate, and broken love. I'm sorry that I may not provide a clearer example, but please just reflect this question to yourselves: Why music had diverted into this direction?


My mother said that artists in the past sang happily in their MVs, and she felt weird with all the sad and angry faces of the singers today in their MVs. Such good notice! Are you guys aware of that? :)


Well, listen to them yourselves on today's music themes.


Lady Gaga's Love Game
"I wanna take a ride on your disco stick" 
You know what the theme is :)


Britney Spears - If You Seek Amy
Mention the chorus title fast and you'll get another meaning 


50 Cent - Piggy Bank
Murder and money

Another sex themed song
Ying Yang Twins - Wait (The Whisper Song)
Try singing that to a girl and you'll get sued for sexual harassment :P



And worst

I read some articles about the New World Order with suspected songs of demon worshipping. But, anyway, 1 thing is for sure: 


Commercialized music is evolved for profits. =.=


Time to rack CCS report up. 

No comments: