Do Click Whenever There's Ads :)

Friday, January 1, 2010

2009: For The Record

Last constructed post of 2009 - 1st post of 2010.

2009 is the borderline between 2 subchapters of my life - My pre-tertiary level education era and my undergraduate era. I spotted no clear differences of myself, but I tend to understand what this life is all about more.


What makes 2009 unique is I am being unfolded to people from the past, new challenges of the present, and new decisions for the future. I can just sum them into these following subchapters :)


1. Old friends' gatherings


Never did I expect a lot of old friends' gatherings throughout Kuala Lumpur and Tawau within this year. Before that, everything happens only @ Chinese New Year, where we tend to make our reunions via open houses every year. This time, it's amazing! xD


The first gathering happened when I was with Cayenne, Fang Yee and Fang Teng during the 2009 New Year's Eve. We went ice skating and a meal in Kim Gary, and celebrated the countdown @ One Utama. I remembered that the traffic jammed until 2 am, but it's worth the time spent with them.

Note: Photos from my old Sony Ericsson K530i. I wasn't a DSLR owner yet that time. 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now I just realized that Yen Ching looked sweeter during those times, haha....

Later on, I never ever expected a one-week events of open house streaks during the first week of Chinese New Year. >blog post of CNY< We went to many houses and even celebrated a triplet's birthday :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And the biggest thanks goes to Fadhlan, whom I already spent him a Japanese meal for taking me around the gatherings. lol. But somehow I don't think this year's CNY will be as cheerful as 2009's. I really cherished those times with them.


And many more gatherings followed by as I returned to KL for the 3rd FICM semester in March, where I met with Cayenne, Fang Yee, Timothy, Siau Yik and Khai Loong around May. The next one, which involved the 2 girls + Kah Kee, Tony, and Hui Hwa was more worth remembering as I photographed those moments with my DSLR camera for the very first time :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We even bumped into Chang Soon Vun and Trina at the same time xD

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I think altogether I had spent more than 15 times of gatherings with the homies throughout 2009. I even met the long lost ones, including Michelle Dieh and Jessie Lo who are both studying in United Kingdom now.


2. Photography.


March 18, my 20th birthday last year became an opportunity for me to try out something new and expose my inner interest in photography.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yep, my 20th birthday gift was the Nikon D80 camera. It was given to me as I planned to go for a degree in Journalism at those times. Since then, I studied digital photography and the art of handling a DSLR, as it is really a difficult gadget to be handled. I also taught myself in Adobe Photoshop to edit the pictures better. 


These are the best shots I'd took in 2009 so far - landscape and portraiture. Not bad for a beginner :) 


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


These are just the few best shots of mine, there are a lot more :)

3. Arrivals of New Friends :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Glad I know these bunch of new people :) These are some photos of them. Yep, Group 2 members. Though I'm seperated with the FICM guys, I still have them. I'm still grateful to them during the times when we gather together for assignments.


Last but not least: 


New year resolution - Lose some weight, get better grades, and be happier than last year :) Teehee...


Happy New year people! xD 

2 comments:

Cayenne said...

T.T my swollen eyes.
looks like it's a great year of 2009 for u. =)
2010 will be better. happy new year victor

excalade89 said...

lol, Cayenne. The pic is very perfect in terms of lighting edi. xD haha....