Do Click Whenever There's Ads :)

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Nikon D80 vs Nikon D90

Disclaimer: Viewer's discretion is advised.


Last Sunday, I had an opportunity to shoot photographs using the Nikon D90, the successor of the Nikon D80 (which is my DSLR camera). The sad thing about my D80 is the product had been discontinued from manufacturing. It was first launched in 2006 and was being replaced by the D90 2 years later.


The Nikon D90, so far that I knew, is a 12.3 megapixels DX type mid range DSLR camera that is capable of shooting videos as well. The price of the D90 is RM 4000+, according to the Nikon site. But I believe it is cheaper, depending on the kit lens you choose with the body. 


Now, let's compare. 


Note: Both cameras were on Programmed Auto mode, with the same ISO, and the same white balance. Colour of the pictures were NEVER edited. 


Lens: 


Nikon D80 - Nikkor DX AF-S 18-135mm kit lens
Nikon D90 - Nikkor DX AF-S 18-105mm VR 


Editor's note: I'm kinda envy with the D90's owner. He has a VR lens, very important key of a lens to me, as I don't have a tripod yet





Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By excalade89

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By excalade89

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By excalade89

See the difference between the 2? One had more colour than the other. Well, these are fresh from their respective memory cards, as I just joint both of them up for a comparison.


Meanwhile, if you want to know more about these 2 fantastic DSLR cameras, check this Youtube clip:




By the way, back to the colours, maybe there are some inner settings made by the owner that I forgot to change. I myself was flabbergasted with the comparison.


Anyway, if you own a DSLR, it doesn't matter how many megapixels your camera have, as long as you master the camera and edit your pictures well, you might even be able to produce something beyond your DSLR camera's limit.

No comments: